Professional/Skilled/Vocational Immigrant Visa EB-3
Professional/Skilled/Vocational Immigrant Visa

The EB-3 visa is available to

  • professionals with a baccalaureate degree who do not qualify for a higher preference category
  • skilled workers with a minimum of two years training and experience
  • other workers with less than two years' training or experience

Professionals must have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent normally required for the profession. Experience may not be substituted.

Skilled worker positions cannot be seasonal or temporary. At least two years of experience or training is required. Training may be met through post-secondary vocational education. Form ETA-750 (Labor Certification) is used to state the job requirements. For more information, consult the Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Website.

Other workers fill positions that require less than two years of higher education, training, or experience, such as unskilled labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. However, there is often a backlog of years for a visa in this category, depending on the number of applicants from the country of the worker's nationality.

The U.S. employer must file a Form I-140 with the USCIS Service Center that services the area where the employee will work. All petitions must be accompanied by a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor and a permanent, full-time job offer.

Messing Law Offices provides employment immigration attorney advice to determine if an applicant meets the requirements for an EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 or other immigration employment visa, including assistance with labor condition and labor certification applications, and visas for accompanying family members, based upon extensive experience as a professional immigration lawyer. Contact Messing Law Offices (520) 512-5432.